This is in preparations/work in progress.
What is TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxShenzhen, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxShenzhen event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
About TED and TEDx
TED是世界上最大的，最有名的活动为了spread great ideas，就是传播优秀的思想. TEDx是独立组织的活动.每个人都能做到。 之前在深圳有TEDx,但是你可能没听说。我们团结一起准备活动。组织者团队都是一些社区领导，有活动组织经验。 因为我们的目的是影响世界，所以大部分演示应该用英文，在YouTube上要发布的。
TEDxShenzhen in September 2017
T+E+D stated originally for Technology, Entertainment and Design, but they went broader. We are going to have standard event. And I expect Shenzhen nature will be very close to what originally was the TED heart, the Silicon Valey. The event will be at least 50% in English. For one part: spreading TEDx within China, Chinese would be better, but for the other: spreading ideas from Shenzhen around the world - English is international.
(looking for sponsors)
Organizers are organizers in their related communities, and we welcome more.
- Paul Verest: Software Architect, Technical Manager, “making actions to get wishes closer”, Shenzhen Java User Group (SZJUG) organizer
- Michael Eagleton: Australian Entrepreneur & Maker Collaborator, resident in Shenzhen since 1997. For past 15 years have been manufacturing in China for Automotive & Telecommunication sectors. , Founder of FABAPC aka Shenzhen XinShunAo E-Commerce Co., Ltd., which is a lean global services consultancy operating from Shenzhen, the ‘Hollywood of Hardware’.
- Saravanakumar from India. Working as creative technologist and living in Shenzhen for 3 years. Co-founder of design community (Madrasters, which has 5000 members in India and 1500 members in China and have successfully hosted 35 meetups, 20 workshops in India & China.
- Nico: working in R&D for more than 10 years, playing with new tech and searching what can be done with it.Developing products in different field such as medical, DIY, mobile, drone … From electronic to electric appliance and also furniture and other house appliance, as he is passionate by what’s next. He also pushes workshop about innovation like for HIT university in SZ or Huawei tech center near Foxconn or even Microsoft, but likes to work with startup to developp what’s next as they can move fast on different fields, we created TroubleMAKER with some friends also to stimulate creativity :’) and plenty of other things like D1 for drone racing and research. Arrived in SZ 10 years ago. Represented Shenzhen at UNESCO Creative.
We don’t have exact topics proposal at this stage, but we are for sure to have Technology and Design talk from people active in that communities. Every community leader can recommend speakers from his community, and suggest TED talks to screen.
Matthew Brennan, was giving great talk at www.chinamarketingsummit.com
For all speakers
- register at TEDxShenzhen.github.io (here, below) as guest.
prepare to provide by creating TED profile at https://auth.ted.com/users/new
- topic title
- quick introduction of topic
- your name and short bio
- practice before
- let others know about coming TEDxShenzhen
- get involved as organizers
- drink beer with organizers every month
Choose your involvement level from above.
Register and see attendee list at https://yoopay.cn/event/TEDxShenzhen or below.
Attention: date, venue can be changed. Please keep electronic ticket as future registration may be not free.